The best ballroom dance shoes don't need to be terribly expensive.
Ballroom dancing is a form of couple dancing originally undertaken by the upper classes. Deriving from the Latin word meaning “to dance (ballare),” ballroom dancing is meant to be done in a large room created specifically for this type of social dancing. Nowadays, people from all walks of life enjoy ballroom dancing, and competitive dance has become rather popular.
With competitive dance, it’s necessary to have the best ballroom dance shoes available. It’s possible to find cheap ballroom dance shoes which work just as well as the pricier models. Here are some things to look for when shopping for the best ballroom dance shoes:
- Suede Leather soles. Brushed Leather soles are necessary for good traction on a slippery dance floor. You should be able to pivot on the balls of your feet comfortably in order to avoid knee strain. Some cheap ballroom dance shoes have rubber soles, which you’ll want to avoid. Some of the best ballroom dance shoes for women also have suede on the bottom to provide a better gliding ability.
- Ankle straps. Ankle straps on ladies’ dance shoes aren’t just aesthetically pleasing, they also provide support, and help in keeping the shoes securely on your feet.
- Proper support. Whether purchasing a pair of cheap ballroom dance shoes or ones costing hundreds of dollars, you’ll want to be sure they provide proper support. Try your dance shoes on in the evening when your feet are swollen to ensure correct fit, and be sure to walk around for a while to really get a feel. The best ballroom dance shoes will have good arch support as well as a nice insole for cushioning.
- Carrying case. Since dance shoes are a bit of an investment, you’ll want to have a place to store them to keep them in tip-top shape. Also, remember: even cheap ballroom dance shoes should never be worn outdoors, especially ones with suede soles, which can be damaged from wet sidewalks and streets.
- Attractive style. For all their function, the best ballroom dance shoes should also look good! There’s no point in purchasing cheap ballroom dance shoes if they aren’t attractive and don’t make you feel more confident in your dancing AND your appearance. When you feel confident it shows through on the dance floor.
In the end, the best ballroom dance shoes are ones which you feel comfortable in. Whether you want cheap ballroom dance shoes or prefer to invest a pretty penny in a more costly pair, you should feel relaxed and confident in your choice. After all, ballroom dancing is all about having fun, and only happens when you’re feeling secure with yourself.
At Tango Rouge Ballroom Dancewear, you can find a wide selection of men’s and women's dance shoes for competitive prices. We also have dance costumes available which can be custom-designed if you’re interested. Find the best ballroom dance shoes on the internet at Tango Rouge Ballroom Dancewear.